A PRACTICAL WORKSHOP FOR HR AND BUSINESS LEADERS, AS WELL AS ORGANISATION DESIGN (OD) PROFESSIONALS
In a complex, dynamic and highly interconnected global marketplace, organisations face increasing pressure for rapid and continuous adaption. At the same time, organisational boundaries are becoming more blurred as talent and capabilities are sourced beyond the traditional confines of the ‘permanent’ employee. Combine this with the ongoing digital disruption of value chains and revenue models and it is clear that upheavals are set to continue — and at an accelerated rate.
To help face these challenges, Mercer has designed a new workshop for HR and Business Leaders, as well as OD professionals, based on extensive practical expertise and deep data insights. In just one day, this new workshop equips participants with a sound understanding of the process and application of contemporary Organisational Design.
More than ever, companies are capitalizing on growth opportunities for tomorrow while increasing efficiency today
According to Mercer’s Global Talent Trends 2018 study,
“96% of companies are planning organization redesign, yet only 18% consider themselves “change agile”
We have now reached a point where fundamental change is required in organisations; incremental changes will not be enough. Organisations will have to fundamentally re-imagine the way they organise themselves to innovate and source capabilities across their value chain.
To meet the changing needs of the market and stay competitive, contemporary enterprises need to completely rethink their organisation, performance measures, and areas of focus and determine a way to tap into new capabilities in a way that does not interfere with the traditional core of the business. Building and protecting the organisational capabilities required for the future is not easy, as it represents a significant departure from how many organisations have operated in the past.
Designing an agile organisation
As HR and Business Leaders, as well as OD professionals, it is critical that you know how to effectively design the structure of your organisation in a way that will best support your business in a fast-changing environment. Mercer's Agile Organisation Design workshop will provide you with practical tools, processes, design insights and organisation benchmarking data across public and private sector organisations.
- The importance of good Organisation Design
- The Global Marketplace: context and challenges
- Step-by-step approach through the entire OD process: from preliminary assessment, strategic organisation design, operational organisation design, workforce transition planning as well as change and implementation management
- Emerging Agile Organisation Design practices
- Organisation Design case studies
- Lessons learnt: Managing stakeholder and change throughout the Organisation Design process and challenges during implementation
- Getting started: Practical tools and tips for implementation
- Organisation Transformation Maturity Assessment: 1 hr complimentary session for participating organisations 4 weeks after the workshop
Benefits to Participants
- Clear understanding of an end-to-end organisation design / redesign process.
- Able to articulate and assess design options and their suitability to support strategic business objectives.
- Clarity about the importance of managing stakeholders throughout the organisation design and change process.
- Practical tools and approaches that can be immediately applied in their organisational context.
Locations & Registration
We are also offering in-house workshops tailored to your organisation specific requirements or if above dates are not suitable for you.
- 15% discount available for the second delegate attending from the same organisation.